RE: HIV cure
Nov 14, 2008
The introduction of a cell line without the CCR5 receptor through a bone marrow transplant does not really sound like a cure rather a means of preventing HIV from infecting CD4 cells much like what effective HAART does. Unless there was a way to PROVE that no HIV was hiding in any part of this patient's body which is likely impossible this represents more of an effective treatment than a cure. Highly dangerous and dwarfing HIV medication, already quite expensive, in cost.
Response from Dr. Henry
Comments noted on unique case that needs further study.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Shingles Occur On Both Sides Of The Face?
- Why Does Sex Cause Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like On Men?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.