Lacti acidoses or Diabetic Keto Acisosis

I recently had an episode of Lactic acidosis and Was showing ketones in my urine (I am also Type I diabetic. I quit the Kievexa and am just taking my prezista and tmc 114 along with Norvir. The Glucoses are well witinb the range usually betewwn 70 and 126. I have kept tight control since the diabetes study. My question is what to do about the continued Lactic acidosis I go to the gym and I feel like I have the flu. I am careful not to over do. What can be done about the Acidoses?

Thanking you in advance.

David Fyffe

Lactic acidosis has been linked to use of stavudine and zidovudine but little link to darunavir and/or etravirine. I would recommend a liver, kidney,muscle evaluation and checking the lactic acid level before and after some exercise with careful attention to proper collection of the lactic acid samples which can be tricky to interpret due to considerable variability in the assay. KH

Diabetic after 15 years of hiv poz
Sustiva and Truvuda