ROSACEA CAUSE ?

I have been taking Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada. When I first started meds I had seborheic dermatitis. That seem to have cleared. I am now on meds 14 months and I have in the last month developed rosacea on my nose, on the sides and on forehead between brows. It has been coming once a week. I also had pinkeye with one outbreak 3 weeks ago. Is rosacea a side effect of the meds? I had tried Metrogel and it burns my skin off. My doctor has given me Doryx in the past for persistent skins problems. Please help, this is effecting my self-esteem.

Rosacea has not been linked to your current HIV regimen. Rosacea occurs on the general population so it can be tough to nail down any linkage between a particular drug and that condition when the rate is low in a given population overall. I have a modest number of patients with rosacea which is often frustrating to treat without any clear association with their HIV regimens (on a variety of different drugs). If any reader knows of a related reference please post. KH

Early symptoms after HIV infection
recently on meds