Is Mk-677 a viable treatment?
Nov 6, 2008
I am a researcher and recently came across an article on sciencedaily.com demonstrating an upregulation of HGH with supplementation of Mk-677 in frail older adults. Has this treatment been used in HIV+ individuals and if so, has it been effective in reducing wasting?
Response from Dr. Henry
I haven's seen in clinical studies in HIV+ persons using MK-677. Growth hormone releasing factor has been studied in humans (needs to be injected) with HIV-related abdominal fat accumulation with modestly promising results and a safety profile over 6-12 months. If any reader is aware of a reference using MK-677 in HIV+ persons please post. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Can Genital Warts Cause Death?
- 6 Months Hiv Test Was Nonreactive After Unprotected Oral Sex
- Can You Get HIV From A Dog Licking Your Vagina?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.