Oct 31, 2008
If you are HIV Positive how do you treat swollen gland,what type of food do you eat,how do you reduce the viral load.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Swollen glands in HIV infection are common and can be due to concentration of HIV and immune cells in lymph nodes, other HIV-related conditions, or non-HIV related conditions. There is no food or vitamin that I can recommend as effective for reducing swollen nodes. Assessment by an HIV specialist is recommended to make proper diagnosis and treatment recommendation. Reducing the viral load (generally to undetectable levels) is accomplished by effective use of antiretroviral therapy. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.