Lymph Nodes

Hi Dr. Henry:

Could you tell me what's the deal with Lymph Nodes and HIV? How are the related? What's there function? There health/size is a sign of what? Why are they so important, if at all?

Most HIV in the body (99%) resides in lymph tissue and not the blood. Lymph nodes filter the lymph foid/blood/body and are a site where HIV is concentrated. In many HIV+ patients lymph nodes swell up as a result of the trapping and collection of HIV and associated immune activity. Treatment can have a variablle effect on the swelling (for some as immune system improves resulting in at least temporary further swelling). KH

Kaletra
Is good moment to start my traetment?