I am taking my medicines properly or Not?

Hi, Two months back I was diagnosed with tuberculous axillary lymphadenopathy and was operated for same. And my CD4 count was 227. For two weeks I was on just TB medication then along with that I was started on Efavirenz 600mg, tenofovir disotroxil fumarate and Emtricitabin. First I was taking it half an hour before diner but in a week time my doctor has to discontinue my HIV medicine because I had very bad side effects like vertigo, vomiting, fever, loss of appetite, nausea. A week ago I have started taking same HIV medicines but this time after diner and I dont have any side effects. But I just wanted to know two things: 1) Is it fine to stop HIV medicines with in a week if doctor suggest? Are there any chances for resistance? 2) Is it fine to take my medicines after diner for a while? Dose this can cause resistance ?

Thanks for your help. Regards,

Usually one can take your meds after dinner though there is a possible increased risk for efavirenz side effects if there is a high fat content in the meal (increased levels of efavirenz). Generally stopping a regimen (with no repplacement by another regimen or use of a boosted protease inhibitor to protect the efavirenz tail) with efavirenz is not recommended due to its long half life (persistence in blood)which can lead to resistance (? somewhat less of a problem with tenofovir + emtricitabine which have somewhat long half lifes themselves). KH

bitter herbs...cure?
PEP