|recc=urrent infection.please help
Oct 22, 2008
please help me.should i worry of my recurrent jock itch? im currently on AIDS stage already.im trying to use different topical creams like ketoconazole but it still goes back.should i take it longer? and also im having recurrent lessions on my rectal area.i was once diagnosed with peri-anal abcess and resolved it.what kind of infection is this? and should i worry?
Response from Dr. Henry
Some fungal skin infections in HIV+ persons have better clearance with a course of oral anti-fungal medciation. A careful examination of anal area looking for abcess, warts, fistular (often the cause of recurrent problems) is recommended to better define what conditions are contributing to your persistent problems. KH
AIDS and Vitamin C
- What Will Happen If You Have Sex While Having Hpv?
- What Type Of Doctor Removes Genital Warts?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes And Shingles?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.