REYATAZ TINGLING IN FEET

I am on Reyataz Norvir and Truvada. I have experience tingling in my feet on and off. I have been positive for approximately 1 1/2 years and have taken meds for about 1 year. I went to a neurologist and was tested for neuropathy and he said I was fine. He wants to check my Acetyl L. Carnitine level since he believes the Viread in Truvada may cause a deficiency. In the future will Reyataz lead to neuropathy? Should I change Reyataz to something else? Could it be the Truvada. Need some guidance here.

The risk for peripheral neuropathy from atazanavir is low (< 1-2%) and often hard to pin down since can be due to other drugs or diseases (such as diabetes). Similary there is a low risk for peripheral neuropathy from emtricitabine or tenofovir so sorting out one drug as the key culprit (often need to switch off one drug at a time and then observe for several months since resolution can be slow)is a frustrating experience. KH

1 Pill Treatments
pericaditis/AIDS