|sustiva and cafergot
Oct 22, 2008
I just started on sustiva and combivir four days ago. I also had migraine attacks for which I take cafergot. Is there a drug-drug interaction between sustiva and cafergot? Many thanks!
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is a potentially serious interaction between efavirenz and Cafergot (increasig risk for ergot toxicity) so would discuss with your HIV specialist who might seek consultation from a neurologist and/or a pharmacist. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Long Term Effects Of Genital Warts
- What Is The Most Common Std In The United States?
- Are HIV Symptoms All At Once Or Spread Out?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.