WE COULD HAVE HIV-AIDS CURE IN 4 YEARS WITH PROBER FUNDING says the professor that found HIV

Hi Keith, you are our shining light with the countless hours and time you put into helping people with hiv live a normal life... Noble prize winner prof Luc Montagnier has stated a cure for hiv can be on hand with in 4 years with proper govement funding, what do you know about this Dr Keith ??? Has Prof Luc hit the jackbot ??? he is a genius and will make 40 million people so happy if this can happen.... Dr Keith what do you know about this possible cure in 4 years time ???

'There could be an Aids vaccine in four years,' says Nobel Prize winner By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 9:54 PM on 06th October 2008

Comments (31) Add to My Stories Professor Luc Montagnier believes a 'therapeutic' cure is in sight A French scientist awarded the Nobel Prize for discovering the Aids virus has predicted there would be a 'therapeutic vaccine' for the disease within four years. Luc Montagnier and his team discovered HIV at the French Pasteur Institute in Paris 25 years ago, and have been awarded the prestigious prize along with other scientists who worked on discovering the root of the virus.

Montagnier, 76, said a treatment could be possible in the future with a 'therapeutic' rather than preventive vaccine for which results might be published in three or four years if financial backing is forthcoming. 'I think it will be possible with a therapeutic vaccine rather than preventative vaccinations. We would give it to people who are already infected. A therapeutic vaccine prevents disease from flourishing after it has taken hold. The Nobel Assembly of Sweden's Karolinska Institute praised their work, saying: 'The discovery was one prerequisite for the current understanding of the biology of the disease and its antiretroviral treatment.'

Though Professor Montaigne deserves hie Novel Prize I take issue with his statements that an effective therapeutic vaccine can/well be available within 4 years. It pains me to state that we do not know enough about the human immune system to develop and effectively test such a vaccine so much basic research is needed to point he way to a possibly effective vaccine. KH

Choosing treatment
Surgery for swollen glands?