Choosing treatment

I am Indian living in Delhi India. My wife is on ATT since 9/2/08 and on HArt,Duovir,twice daily(Lamivudine+Zidovudine USP) and Effavir 600mg once daily,since 4/5/08. Her Hb is 11.1 in Sept.Her RBC is 4.0 in Sept as against 3.61 in June and 4.26 in April. Her WBC is 3.61 in SEpt. as against 2.97 in June. She has ben responding well to medicines with no side effects.Her liver and kidney indices are withen normal range.However she missed medicines for two days on 9th and 10th august 2008. she had mild fever for 15 days in September 08 and now has got herpese zoistre for last 4 days. Please advise whether it is sign of drug resistance ? Whether regimen advised by my Doctor is effective? on your site some other medicines are being advised. Can you advise who are best doctors in india for treatment of HIV?

Zidovudine + lamivudine + efavirenz is a good HIV regimen whether in the US or India. Missing just several doses rarely results in drug resistance. Fever and herpes zoster usually would not indicate the development of drug resistance in a patient who is on effective HAART. Other HIV regimens are also used in US but are generally too expensive in India at present. I recommend your wife see a local HIV specialist with the most HIV experience often linked to a medical school or large public health or community based organization dealing with HIV/AIDS. KH

should i continue ganciclovir
WE COULD HAVE HIV-AIDS CURE IN 4 YEARS WITH PROBER FUNDING says the professor that found HIV