Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Combivir/Sustiva vs Atripla
Oct 5, 2008

Hello Dr. Henry, I would like to know if switching from my current and only regimen of combivir and sustiva a good move for switching to Atripla the once a day regimen. with combivir/sustiva I've been adherence to the meds from the begining of my diagnosis since Nov. 2007 until now. in Nov 2007 my vl was 100,000 and cd4 was 6. from my dr's point of view he said that I was like the walking dead. I have came a long way. as of June 2008 my vl was undetectable and cd4 was 249. I went to the Dr on 9/11 2008 and I spoke to my dr over the phone for my results and he said that my vl was still undectable and cd4 was great. he did'nt give me any numbers at that time. I'm just glad that I'm doing fine. I thank you for your great work and support in helping people like myself who need answers. I just wanted to know if switching to atripla a good idea. I would really appreciate your advice. thank you so much!

Response from Dr. Henry

Most studies and clinical experience supports the concept that switching from Sustiva/Combivir to Atripla in the setting of established viral control/no resistance will likely maintain good virologic control and CD4 recovery while further minimizing side effects and adherence concerns. KH

Previous
Next generation ofHIV Meds 5 days on 2 days off
Next
fat redistribution

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.