Combivir/Sustiva vs Atripla

Hello Dr. Henry, I would like to know if switching from my current and only regimen of combivir and sustiva a good move for switching to Atripla the once a day regimen. with combivir/sustiva I've been adherence to the meds from the begining of my diagnosis since Nov. 2007 until now. in Nov 2007 my vl was 100,000 and cd4 was 6. from my dr's point of view he said that I was like the walking dead. I have came a long way. as of June 2008 my vl was undetectable and cd4 was 249. I went to the Dr on 9/11 2008 and I spoke to my dr over the phone for my results and he said that my vl was still undectable and cd4 was great. he did'nt give me any numbers at that time. I'm just glad that I'm doing fine. I thank you for your great work and support in helping people like myself who need answers. I just wanted to know if switching to atripla a good idea. I would really appreciate your advice. thank you so much!

Most studies and clinical experience supports the concept that switching from Sustiva/Combivir to Atripla in the setting of established viral control/no resistance will likely maintain good virologic control and CD4 recovery while further minimizing side effects and adherence concerns. KH

Next generation ofHIV Meds 5 days on 2 days off
fat redistribution