HIV Meds that can combat Resistance

Hi Dr Keith,

First l would like to thank you for your efforts in saving life's with your work and keeping many families happy, l have been Hiv pos for a decade and devoloped Resistance to the meds l take due to a accident l had and was knocked out and in a induced coma, l missed taking my meds for 8 days....

This is my question, is there any meds in the pipeline that can counter Resistance ??? my friend traveled overseas recently for 2 weeks to Samoa and lost his meds in his bag at the airport,and for 2 weeks he could not take his meds in Samoa, now he has developed Resistance to his meds as well, we live in New Zealand.. it would be great oneday not to worry about RESISTANCE...

thank you so much for your time Dr

Bruce

In the US and many well resourced countries there are 20+ HIV medications available many of which are active against HIV that developed resistance against an initial regimen. Which drugs are available depends on the initial regimen and the actual availability of drugs in the region where a patient is residing. Many of the newer HIV drugs (raltegravir, maraviroc, etravirine, darunavir and T-20) have excellent activity against many resistant HIV strains. KH

Lifespan
Can you give me some tips