Wine and Atripla

Hey Doc,

I am on Atripla,

I LOVE wine.. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.. Dont get me wrong im no alcoholic. It takes me about a month to drink a bottle but I used to have one very small glass of wine about 3 days per week. Because Atripla is best taken before bed and I have heard rumors of alcohol making side effects worse I have not been able to enjoy my wine in months since I have been on Atripla. When I drink my glass of wine I normally drink it right before bed as it makes me EXTRA sleepy. I figured I would ask the good doc outright if the empty stomach rule for food also would apply to wine or if any research has shown whether or not a glass of wine near your dose of Atripla would have any impact on either effectiveness or increased side effects?

Thanks

Taking a 0-2 glasses of wine in conjuction with Atripla generally is well tolerated (a major concern with food is that fat increases the levels of efavirenz leading to higher rate of side effects). KH

not taking meds
Intelence and Depression?