not taking meds
Oct 1, 2008
if pt. stop taking meds for hiv and get strep throat and the meds for the strep dont work what can be done
Response from Dr. Henry
The throat infection needs to be evaluated to make the correct diagnosis and the HIV specialist needs to be involved in order to provide advice about the HIV drugs (stopping drugs can lead to problems including resistance and increased risk for a range of health problems in some cases). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.