Starting Treatment

I am starting treatment with Truvada and Nevirapine. Is there a general consenus whether taking them in the morning as oppose to night is better with fewer side effects? I tend not to eat breakfast and have a healthy dinner. Directions state take with a full glass of water, but would it be better to have food. As with anyone, I am looking for the best path with the least side effect with these meds in order to avoid missing work and life in general. Thank you in advance.

Response from Dr. McGowan

There is no specific food restriction with your medications. Some people feel better taking meds with food. It is a personal decision, whatever fits best with your schedule. You want to link your medication with some routine activity to help with adherence. What's most important is that once you select a time, you should be consistent.

Best,

Joe

face lipodostrophy
hepc geno type1