Stomach (Gastric) Pains

I have been on my meds for a number of years now since starting them have only ever had one problem which occured and thats stomach pains - I can only describe it as a griping pain, similar to when you need to pass wind with a ache in my stomach - it sometimes is relieved when I pass wind, but sometimes I cant pass it...

I have had all the tests you can think of, ultrasounds, scans, and recently had a camera into my stomach (gastrospy) which came back fine, no ulcers, no bacteria, everything looked perfect...

My only conclusion is my meds, I never had this problem before and my docs keep telling me its not my combivir or sustiva treatment and these are not common in this combination therapy but I cant think what else it can be.

Its not getting to be a pain as it wakes me during the night and effects my daily life, eating habits etc - is there any evidence it could be related to my meds and where can I find this to take to my clinic.

Would a change to a once a day regimen make a difference, and what one days ones is there available at the moment?

Please help, all my stats are good but I need to combat this problem so I can live normally...

Ps - Keith, I read somewhere there was trials on an injection type of therapy which in works can mean people with HIV can come off treatment and have an injection instead that keeps the virus at bay, think it triggers immune responses - it said in the report that in recent trials in the US people were able to come off meds for up to 3 1/2 years before the virus started replicating again and they had to go back on - you heard about this and what is your thoughts?

There is no safe way to stop or interrupt therapy at present and no injection therapy for treatment that allows for stopping oral meds. Combivir contains AZT which can cause a range of sometimes annoying stomach complaints. If tenofovir (or abacavir) is available in your area then a switch from Combivir to an alternative NRTI backbone regimen is an option that merits discussion with your HIV specialist. KH

CMV related issues
Atripla Side Effects Or My Imagination?