For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Leg/arm veins

Ive had facial treatments with sculptra. They've worked very well. We also put sclptra in my hands to diminish the veins that naturally occur there. Is there such a thing as using scuptra for the legs and arms? I know it'd be pricey, but will anyone even do it? Or can a vascular surgeon clip off the blood flow through the surface veins so they dont look so obvious? I talked to a vascular surgeon about this and - seeing my build, he said it was due to weightlifting...but it is is HIV lipatrophy. It strikes me funny that something I notice so much as a negative people who dont know it's a side-effect percieve as a positive. They actually ask me what im doing to get so cut! Crazy f---ing disease.

Adding fat to the subcutaneous regions of the arms/legs is a challenge (I am not aware of much success from the plastic surgery perspective on that since body regions involved are so large). Stopping offending drugs such as thymidine NRTIS (D4T or AZT switch to tenofovor or abacavir)) or stoppingandrogenic steroids may slow down or slowly reverse peripheral fat loss in many patients. KH

abacavir hypersensitivity
negative side affects treatment against possible hiv aids