abacavir hypersensitivity

I began my hiv treatment of abacavir, 3tc and efv and by the end of 6 weeks of treatment developed a rash, gastrointestinal problems and severe achiness, my doctor determined I was hypersensitive to the abacavir and discontinued all treatment until I recover, my question is there anything that can be done to reduce the muscle and joint pain I am experiencing, other than just waiting? I am taking something called meticorten which helps but once it wears off the pain returns and it has been 13 days since I stopped taking the abacavir. Thank you so much

Hypersensitivity reaction to abacavir generally develops over the first 1-4 weeks of use-unusual to develop after 6 weeks. Generally only occur in persons positive for HLA B5701 gene haplotype (as that checked for). I am not aware of prednisone being effective and safet for true abacavir hypersensitivity syndrome (stopping drug is key). Ongoing joint problems are not usually a feature of abacavir hypersensitivity syndrome . I would consider looking for other explanations particularly if HLA B5701 negative and often would refer to a rheumatologist to get their opinion. KH

Hemarthrosis with Intelence..Avascular Necrosis?
Leg/arm veins