discoloration of the lips

my name is bn and ive been on arvs since 2005. i have recently noticed that my lips are turning red. cud it be the side effects of arvs and how do reverse this side effect?

Local irritation from chemicals, vitamin deficiencies, and many other conditions can contribute to irritation of the blood vessels in the lips leading to more pronounced redness. That complaint has not been consistently linked to any HIV treatment nor have I observed that among patients seen in our clinic. In a few patients protease inhibitors can cause a flushing of mouth/tongue/lips though usually that isn't linked to increased redness of lips. I recommend a thorough evaluation by your HIV specialist possibly with consultation by dermatologist or dentist. KH

Sustiva and gynecomastia
What can be wrong?