Infections & CD4 count
Sep 1, 2008
Hello Doctor Henry,
Do viral or baterial infections, or allergy problems reduce a HIV+ persons CD4 cell count?
Response from Dr. Henry
Some data suggests that a wide range of infections can variably temporarily reduce the CD4 count. I haven't observed or seen much data linking allergy problems (like seasonal hay fever) to low CD4 counts. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- What Pathogenic Organism Causes Hiv?
- Causes Of Buffalo Hump On Back Of Neck
- Would Chlamydia Cause Diarrhea
- What Percentage Of The Population Has Genital Herpes?
- What Medication Do You Take To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.