|Infections & CD4 count
Sep 1, 2008
Hello Doctor Henry,
Do viral or baterial infections, or allergy problems reduce a HIV+ persons CD4 cell count?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Some data suggests that a wide range of infections can variably temporarily reduce the CD4 count. I haven't observed or seen much data linking allergy problems (like seasonal hay fever) to low CD4 counts. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B From Dried Blood?
- Incurable Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.