|SEVERE BONE PAIN
Aug 20, 2008
I have suffered for years with severe bone & muscle pain hiv pos for 17 years viral load undetecable and cd4 700 what tests can be done to find problem? MRI? I take kaletra, zerit & viread. I am into desperation. I drive alot for my job could that be some of the problem?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Some HIV drugs can cause muscle (mitochondrial problems) which can be diagnosed sometimes with blood tests or muscle biopsy. MRI can be occasionally helpful (better to get a full history and clinical examination). Bone/muscle pain is fairly common in the general population with stress and tight driving positions often aggravating such pain so can be a challenge to attribute to anything HIV or drug related. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Shingles After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.