PEP and drug interactions
Aug 20, 2008
I had an incident this weekend and made a very poor decision and started a PEP regime(of Kaletra and Truvada) for 30 days - I am also being treated for Major Deppression and am currently on Cymbalta - any possible drug interactions I should worry about?
Response from Dr. Henry
The Kaletra can increase the levels of the Cymbalta significantly increasing the risk for side effects (often need to reduce the dose by 50% or more and observe). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- 3 Month Negative Turning Positive At 6 Months
- Can You Get Ars 9 Weeks After Exposure?
- Does Hepatitis C Delay Hiv Seroconversion?
- Hiv And Lip Kissing With Cracked Lip And Gum Disease
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.