Right Upper Quandrant Extrmeme pain with Atripla

I was diagnosed with AIDS while in hospital over tens months ago. I was started on Atripla in the last couple days before release (VL over 100k, CD4 8). I am fine now, comfortable improvements with VL undetectable and CD4 approaching 100. A few hours after taking my first Atripla, I received EXTREME upper right quadrant pain-- the worst pain of my life! It was like a knife! CT scans and chest X-rays did not show any thing related to my PE, which was pretty much gone by then. They stopped Atripla treatment the next day, to see if that was it and I did not get it again. They still attributed the pain to my recovering PE. I started Atripla treatment a month later and in ten months I still do not feel the pain. Have you ever heard of anything similar to this with any of the medications in Atripla?

Atripla rarely causes severe abdominal problems (liver/gallbladeder in that area-spleen to a lesser degree). Vague gut complaints can be seen early on a number of the commonly used HIV meds that often defy easy explanation. KH

5 Days On Atripla
meds & pn