|Trying to not start meds for as long as possible
Aug 18, 2008
Hi Dr Henry,
l recently tested positive to hiv and my cd4 count is 450 and viral load 19,000...
ls there anything l can take to boost my cd4 count and delay my time on starting treatment ???
thank you for your time
| Response from Dr. Henry
There is no proven means to safely and significantly boost CD4 counts other than combination antiretroviral therapy. Focusing on good diet, exercise, and any other health issues on a regular basis is important for your overall health since we expect most persons who have access to effective antiretroviral therapy started early (such as when CD4 count reaches 350) to be protected from AIDS related complications and have a very long life expectancy (non-AIDS health issues the major concern which is why working on good health habits is important). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Used Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.