HIV Risk & Symptom

Dear Doctor, I may be one of those worried well, but a little info can't hurt right? Four weeks ago I had an extremely low risk encounter. I picked up a sheet that was damp with semen. The status of the patient is unknown. Where the risk comes in is here---I had a few hangnails, where the upper layer of skin (in small areas) around my nails were pulled back. These hangnails were not "fresh" that is they were not bleeding. I tried to dismiss the incident until a few days later when I started with slight headache, I passed it off as stress. At two and a half weeks, my left tonsil became swollen. There were no swollen lymph nodes in the neck, groin, or armpit regions, and neither was there fever or rash - just one slightly swollen tonsil that was not "white with puss, nor deep/bright red" and no pain only slight discomfort when swollowing but not when eating or drinking. It was gone within a few days. Could these be related to HIV, or should I do as I was advised and forget about the situation? (One months 2 months prior to the above mentioned incident, I tested negative) Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my question.

From what you described it is extremely unlikely that those symptoms represented new HIV infection. KH

Red Spots
when does herpes strikes..?