Red Spots

Can one of you fine Doctors please clear something up for me? On the CDC's web page for HIV FAQ's, it mentions "red spots on the skin, mouth, eylids or nose." I asked the CDC rep on the phone if this was Karposi Sarcoma, but he could not answer me. I ask you: are they refering to KS, or are these red spots indicative of something else? Thank you in advance.

The reddish purplish spots of KS can occur anywhere on the skin or mucosal surfaces. There are numerous other skin conditions (such as severe seborrhea) that are common in HIV infected persons. Many of those are also present in the general population. An experienced clinician can often sort these out. KH

yeastie girl
HIV Risk & Symptom