| The side effects of pregnancy while on medication?
Aug 8, 2008
Response from Dr. Henry
There is little to no data about the use of raltegravir and etravirine in pregnancy. It is important to have an undetectable HIV RNA level during late pregnancy/delivery in order to minimize the risk for transmission to the newborm. The relative risk for possible negative effects on the newborn for those new drugs is not known but is a usually a judgement call involving the HIV specialist and patient weighing the pros and cons of the particular situation (history of HIV/resistance et ceterea). KH
high blood pressure
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- The Symptoms Of Stomach Pain And Hot Flashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.