Atripla side effects
Aug 6, 2008
I have been taking Atripla for a while now. Before that I took Combivir and Sustiva. At first everything was okay with the Atripla but lately I am having heart palpitations and a weird tingling and/or numbness in my left arm. Is Atripla the safest option out there? Does it cause heart probems? Was I better off with my Combivir and Sustiva?
Response from Dr. Henry
There has been no link between Truvada and an increased risk for heart disease as opposed to Combivir. Lipid levels often are a bit better with Truvada compared to Combivir. Your symptoms warrant further evaluation/discussion with your provider but I would not implicate the Truvada as the key factor in most situations. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.