|Atripla side effects
Aug 6, 2008
I have been taking Atripla for a while now. Before that I took Combivir and Sustiva. At first everything was okay with the Atripla but lately I am having heart palpitations and a weird tingling and/or numbness in my left arm. Is Atripla the safest option out there? Does it cause heart probems? Was I better off with my Combivir and Sustiva?
Response from Dr. Henry
There has been no link between Truvada and an increased risk for heart disease as opposed to Combivir. Lipid levels often are a bit better with Truvada compared to Combivir. Your symptoms warrant further evaluation/discussion with your provider but I would not implicate the Truvada as the key factor in most situations. KH
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In The Mouth?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are Ways To Prevent Getting Herpes?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Risk Of Transmitting Herpes Through Kissing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.