|asymptomatic for at least 15 years
Aug 6, 2008
Have been asymptomatic for at least 15 years recently got Herpez zoster on my trunk. Healed very quickly. Need to knwo whether should go on arvs or immune boosters first
| Response from Dr. Henry
Herpez zoster flares are more common in HIV+ patients so an occurence raises the question of whether antiretroviral therapy (ART) should be started. Many other factors enter into that decision including CD4 count level and trend, HIV RNA level and trend, readiness to start ART, and the presence of other symptoms or conditions (such as renal or liver disease). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood Splash How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Breast Milk?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Nipple Biting?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Gave Oral Sex?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Swallowing Precum?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.