switching combivir to truvada

I have been on kaletra and combivir combination for 2 years. I have undetectable viral load and no serious side effects.My doctor suggested me that changing combivir to truvada. I actually want to change combivir to truvada because of the risk of lipodystropy and easier to use(one a day dose). My question is, if i can not tolerate or develop resistance to truvada ,is it possible to to back to combivir? I don't want to lose my previous regimen.

Thanks. Tetu

Most patients do well with a switch from Combivir to Truvada from both the tolerability and resistance standpoint. If you encounter a problem tolerating Truvada often you could be switched back to Combivir (or consider Epzicom particularly if HLA B5701 negative) unless your viral load was increasing. KH

side Effects
asymptomatic for at least 15 years