Aug 6, 2008
i am 24 year old its first week with med truvada + Sustiva and it is giving me so much dizziness and i cant even walk or hold anything how long dose it will stay like that and what Elc is waiting for me in side effects i am so scare
Response from Dr. Henry
Many patients experience symptoms similar to yours during their first weeks on Sustiva. For most (90%+) the symptoms diminish over the first 2-4 weeks such that after 4 weeks less than 10% of patients continue to note annoying side effects. If the symptoms persist or remain intolerable then a switch from efavirenz to an alternative medication (such as a boosted protease inhibitor) is a consideration. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dizziness After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Rubbing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Anal Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.