|HIV+ and Pregnant
Aug 6, 2008
I am pregnant and my CD4 count is 217, just started combivir and nevarapine. What possible side effects will it have on me and my baby
| Response from Dr. Henry
Combivir + nevirapine has been extensively used in pregnancy and is generally safe for both mom and baby. Use of potent antiretroviral therapy such as combivir + nevirapine has been shown to significantly decrease the risk of vertical transmission to the baby protecting the baby from HIV infection. If available the baby is also often given AZT and sometimes other meds after delivery to further diminish any HIV risk for the baby. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.