|HIV+ and Pregnant
Aug 6, 2008
I am pregnant and my CD4 count is 217, just started combivir and nevarapine. What possible side effects will it have on me and my baby
| Response from Dr. Henry
Combivir + nevirapine has been extensively used in pregnancy and is generally safe for both mom and baby. Use of potent antiretroviral therapy such as combivir + nevirapine has been shown to significantly decrease the risk of vertical transmission to the baby protecting the baby from HIV infection. If available the baby is also often given AZT and sometimes other meds after delivery to further diminish any HIV risk for the baby. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.