Aug 1, 2008
How many years after starting viramune+truvada would it take to start noticing facial wasting? I'm a white male age 45. Thank You.
Response from Dr. Henry
The rate of facial wasting with Viramune/Truvada is low based on published data and clinical experience though long term data on that specific regimen is somewhat limited. That regimen is fat friendly so I would expect that the risk for significant facial lipoatrophy over the first 5 years of use will be low (< 5% would be my guess). Risk is higher with lower CD4 counts, time with HIV and other non-drug variables. KH
Male Pos / Female Neg
- Unprotected Insertive Vaginal Sex Hiv Risk
- Elisa Hiv Test Accuracy At 4 Weeks From Exposure
- How Long After Sexual Contact Does It Take To Detect Hiv?
- Things That Can Cause A False Positive Hepatitis C Test
- Coconut Oil For Foot Neuropathy
- If I Have Sex With A Man Who Is Hiv Negative Then Can I Get Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.