Severe Nausea with Atripla

I was just put on Atripla medication Friday. The first night after taking it I had extremely strange dreams, when I woke Saturday morning I began vomiting. I fell back to sleep only to wake later and vomit again. I felt dizziness the entire day. Saturday night I again took my dose hoping that this would not repeat, however, when I woke up Sunday (today) I again am very dizzy and nauseous. I don't have the energy I had before. I have to work Monday and am concerned, I will not miss work so I afraid to take tonight's dose for fear of waking up with these problems. I plan to contact my dr tomorrow. What do you recommend?

YOu sound like you are experiencing several of the most annoying side effects from Atripla (most often due to the efavirenz component). For most patients the symptoms start diminishing over the first several weeks. Anti nausea medications can be helpful. Sometimes a note from your doc allowing for several days off work is needed. I would not miss doses if you can avoid that since resistance can develop to Atripla if doses are missed. I would contact your HIV doc to see what remedies he/she can offer you to assist you to get through this period. If those symptoms persist at a intolerable levels an alternative regimen may need to be considered. KH

Can you be HIV and Get Liposuction
recently diagnosed, plz help