How long does shingles scars last?

I recently went through an outbreak of shingles... Its been 2.5 months and the scars are there as is the slight itchy sensation and burns from time to time... I am taking atripla as well... How long will this scar last? Well going to a tanning bed or laying out in the sun help get rid of these scars? I can`t take my shirt off in public because I have scar spots on my right side of my upper back and under my right arm pit.

Shingles (herpes zoster) can cause both scarring and ongoing post-herpetic neuropathy. Duration of those symptoms is highly variable but in some cases can last a long time and be very symptomatic (fortunately more often the symptoms abate). Your case sounds worrisome for a persistent problem so getting a dermatologist or neurologist involved is something I would consider in a case such as yours. KH

Protein in urine
Chol. and trig. out of bounds