Protein in urine

I had two tests showing protein in urine. The second urine test shows: creatinine 132.3 proteine total 31.4 (0-15) proteine/creat ratio 237 (0-200)

My main doctor who is not HIV specialist says the protein in the urine is 'likely from HIV' and we'll just monitor for now.

My CD4s are above 500 and my vl undetect. I've been HIV+ since 1993 and I have been taking Kaletra+Truvada since Dec 2005.

What do you make from this picture? Should I just monitor or take it more seriously and look for some other specialist?

Have you had your microalbumin levels in the urine checked? Is the creatinine value of 132.3 your creatinine clearance level (if so that is pretty good)? For persons on tenofovir with any evidence of renal dysfunction monitoring carefully is recommended. The risk for HIV related renal disease is highest among African Americans and much less common in many other patient groups. KH

How long side effect will last?
How long does shingles scars last?