Combivir Side Effects

I have been on combivir and sustiva for about 4 years now and all my stats are good, and initially there was no side effects and I tollerated them well, but after a few months I developed stomach problems with cramping and needing the toilet a lot mostly on a morning.

I went back to my doctors and have complained about this for 4 years, I have tried everything such as mebeverene, buscopan, peppermint capsules, changing my diet and the times I take my meds and nothing worked it was just put down to IBS and my doctors believe it is not connected to my meds, wont consider a change in them.

Recently I went back to the doctors who told me to stop all the additional tablets and just take my meds, this calmed the cramps down and the runs for a while but now I ALWAYS feel sick (worse when just getting up) and my stomach always feels bloated...

... Do you think this is connected to my meds, and a common side effect and could a change resolve this? Or by changing would I just substitute one problem for another?

Since taking my meds I feel worse in myself, depressed, not going out as much incase I have an attack, and it even stops be travelling on a plane as sometimes I can be in the toilet a good half an hour!

I assume you have had a GI work up looking for problems like H pylori infection, pancreatitis, or gall bladder disease.? If no obvious other cause for your stomach problems is found then a switch to an alternative HIV regimen may be worth considering. A switch from Combivir to Truvada or Epzicom (of HLA B5701 negative) might be an initial consideration. KH

medicines
Is cialis working less well with my new regimen?