Atripla Hair Loss and IRIS

Hello all, I have noticed a significant amount of hair loss myself after having been on Atripla and Bactrim for about a month now. Maybe it can be attributed to some interaction of the drugs or even to IRIS, which causes inflammation in response to a recovering immune system? Before I developed PCP and was diagnosed with AIDS I had never had dandruff but I guess as the virus replicated and became more prevalent in my body it caused an itchy flaky scalp along with other OIs (molluscum and seborrheic dermatitis). I just wanted to share this with everyone and see what the docs might think.

Thanks for posting that. I have observed some patients who report some increased hair loss on Atripla but often difficult to pin down a specific drug as the culprit. KH

Follow-Up on Nasea
medicines