|Can't afford atripla, can afford generic listed on Canadian pharmacy
Jul 11, 2008
Have been taking Atripla for the past 90 days and am doing great but failed to qualify for ADAP, living underground so-to-speak for quite some time. Might can afford a generic I saw on a Canadian pharmacy. Is this available for people like me living in the US.
Response from Dr. Henry
Sad situation that speaks poorly about the US health system. No Atripla generic equivalent is available in US. Generic AZT is available so a regimen of AZT + 3TC and nevirapine is to my knowledge the least expensive triple therapy that can be purchased in the US (if anyone knows otherwise please post!!) but the cost can still be in the $1000/month range even at discounted prices through a public hospital/clinic. KH
Reflux/Heartburn and Med interaction
LACTIC ACIDOSIS RX
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Flagyl Cure Chlamydia?
- Are Chronic Yeast Infection And Swollen Glands Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.