LGV HIV

I have been on Atripla for about 45 days. (HIV poz for 2 years) I have been on doxycycline for 12 days. I am getting bad nauseau in the mornings only. Do u think it is the Atripla, the antibiotic, or the LGV? I still have some LGV symptoms, i.e. frequent bowels, thin stools. I was misdiagnosed at first and have probably had LGV for 3-4 months. My doctor offered more anti nauseau meds but I said I would tough it out. any idea of cause? what if lgv does not completely go away in 21 days? what is next step? thanks

Only a small percentage of patients experience nausea from Atripla. Doxycycline can cause nausea in some patients but again that is not a common side effect. If the nausea started after starting the doxycycline (not present when just on the Atripla) then I would favor the doxy as a contributing cause and wait until therap completed to see if the nausea improves. KH

sore thighs
Irritable Bowel Syndrome and HIV