muscle spasms in the neck

I have been on Crixivan for about 12 years. About 16 months ago I began having severe spasms in my neck and shoulders which feel like jolts going up to the base of my brain. My new HIV physician said it may be from the Crixivan. I have had a fusion on the C5-C7 and continue with physical therapy and massage almost 5 days a week with no relief. The only way to stop the spasms is with zanaflex. I am really tired of taking more pills everyday and the zanaflex interfers with my day to day routine because of the drowsiness. Do you have any other suggestions? The doctor is waiting for my latest blood work to come back before we do anything. But if you have some suggestions I could mention to him some ideas when we get together again to discuss how to best manage this problem.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Rod

A thorough physical examination as well as radiographic studies (CT or MRI of cervical spine /neck if indicated) is recommended to sort out the possible factors leading to your muscle spasms in the neck. Spasms in the neck would rarely be due to indinavir (Crixivan) so I would generally look at other possible explanations. Consultation with a neurologist or rheumatologist may be worthwhile. KH

new 5 days on 2 days off meds
What is creatinine Kinase?