Mangosteen and Atripla

I would be very grateful if you could tell me if it is safe to take mangosteen juice with atripla.I have always had a geographical tongue as far as I can remember even my dad and brother have however I was diagnosed positive in 2005 and am now on a regimen of atripla and would like to know if its safe for me to take my meds as well as mangosteen juice to treat my geographical toungue flare ups as I have been told the juice is very helpful.I am 36. Thank you.

I am not aware of any known or theoretical interactions between Atripla and Mangosteen Juice so should be OK use in the same day. Properly conducted human studies with mangosteen juice are limited despite the health claims of its good properties (see http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mangosteen/AN01197 which is from the Mayo Clinic website). KH

new future hiv treatment
Lipodystrophy/Drug Combo