For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

sustiva/truvada side effects

I switched from sustiva & combivir to sustiva/truvada 7 months ago. After 3 months i started having thrush and itchness at my vagina. it normally occurs just before my monthly periods. i have had so many tests swabs with my specialist and not found the reason why.I have taken so many antibiaotics and used creams, but no changes at all. any advise/ do you think it affects the hormones? Do you advise i go back to the old combination? thanks

I haven't observed or heard of any women who experienced vaginal itching as the sole adverse reaction from Sustiva/Truvada. Have you seen a dermatologist or gynecologist for this. If no other explanation is found then a trial on a different HIV regimen for several months might be considered to settle the matter of whethere you are experiencing an idiosyncratic response to one of the drugs in your regimen. KH

Spinal Tap -prednisone, Benadryle and HIV meds
Swollen lymph nodes after stopping Pe