Gastro link and HIV drugs

I started Keletra and Truvada two years ago. I have had problems develop slowly with diarrhoea when I eat oil-based foods, bacon sausage and well as cooking with oil. After lots of tests I find I have bile salt absorption. Is this a side effect of either of the HIV drugs? I also have increased heart rate and missed heartbeats. The doctors are aware but no solution. I am truly concerned. Can they be linked to the drugs I take the keletra twice a day and Truvada once a day. If the answer is yes what alternatives do I have to switch to another drug? I am allergic to Naverapine and combivire.

I am not aware of a general problem with bile salts due to Kaletra + Truvada but many patients certainly develop stomach/gut problems on that regimen which could be due to a range of issues. Taking meds with fiber, calcium supplements, judicious use of loperamide, consumption of active culture yogurt, and other interventions can be helpful for various patients to lessen gut problems. If you continue to have annoying gut problems on your current regimen number of switch options are possible (Kaletra to other PIs or NNRTIs, Truvada to Epzicom for example). KH

Sustiva & Combid Causing Symptoms Similiar to ARS?
Can't Sleep