Cramping

In the last month, I have started to get cramping in my legs. Sometimes both, more so the right one. It starts to get stiff and it gets worse and worse and I have to stand on it, but it still stays for 10 minutes or so. The event usually starts with twitches in my angle area. When the cramp is going full force, I can feel the soreness in the muscle down the right side of my right leg, just to the right of the main boine going down on the front below the knee all the way down to the bottom of the feet.

This happens 5-6 times a day now, sometimes in the left foot too but more in the right, and last night happened in both at the same time. When it happens in the right leg (most severe), I feel it slightly in the left leg too but not to the same extent.

Also at the same time this started, I noticed in my thumbs that if I am holding a book or anything and pressing my thumbs, a cramp starts and if I move the thumb quickly, it goes away.

What could be the cause of this? I am on mostly new meds and none of the neuropothy-inducing older medications.

Muscle cramps are often hard to explain. Many are idiopathic but a wide range of conditions can contribute including diabetes, Parkinsons, neuropathy, spinal cord or nerve irritation, electolyte disorders, restless leg syndrome, thyroid disorders, McArdle;s disease and more. A thorough history and physical is the starting point for the evaluation. KH

drug interactions
d4t to AZT