Atripla and Isentress?

I was diagnosed with hiv on April 22, 2008. The results of blood work done and found my cd4 124, VL 52,714, cd4/cd8 ratio .25 (Totally shocked to find out not only did I have HIV, but also AIDS)

Had another blood test May 27, 2008 (before medication) results are worse cd4 88, VL 92344, cd4/cd8 ratio .154

Doctor initially recommended Atripla. After the second test he recommended Atripla daily and Isentress for two months. I went to the pharmacy and they did not have the Isentress. I bought the Atripla and started taking it June 6, 2008.

I think it is odd to start a HIV med for two months then stop. I am afraid I might build a resistance to it. Before I go pick up the Isentress could you give me your opinion starting and stopping Isentress. I am a naive patient and genome showed no resistance to any meds.

Background: taking Bactrim, feeling really healthy. No weight loss, over most of Atripla's side effects.

Though there is no good data on the precise situation you mention I often use a more intense regimen early (when starting treatment especially when the viral load is high ie near or > 100,000 copies/ml) to avoid resistance and then simplify the regimen once the viral load is undetectable. Isentress is a potent new drug that often can contribute to a very rapid drop in viral load to undetectable when combined with other good drugs (like Atripla). KH

managing Viagra GI side effects
missing one dose of atripila