Atripla

Dear Doc, I have been positive for 5yrs and doing well; undetectable. I have been on Atripla now for 2yrs. There is a warning to take the med on an empty stomach; I rarely never do. I am a late night eater and usually always have something inmy stomach when I take the drug. Am I damaging myself or my ttreatment by doing this? Are there and long term helth risks? Thank You JJH

The major issue about taking Atripla on an empty stomacy relates to the possibility of higher levels of efavirenz due to fat in food that could result in more side effects. If you are doing OK at night taking the Atripla with a snack/meal at night then you likely will be able to continue that practice OK. Sometimes a blood level of efavirenz can provide some guidance on the matter as well. KH

Atripla and Polycistic Ovaries
STERIODS AND ATRIPILA