1 wk into truvada and efavirenz
Jun 16, 2008
My son is very depressed shaking and bad dreams etc. Will this pass with time
Response from Dr. McGowan
Initiating treatment with efavirenz can be associated with vivid dreams. It is important to be sure to take the efavirenz on an empty stomach (1 -2 hours before or after a meal). Food increases the absorption of the medication and can make the dreams and neurologic side effects more pronounced. The side effects can become less intense over time, especially over the first 2 to 4 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.